The AARP Auto Insurance Program From The Hartford Offers Car Insurance Coverage, like:
New Car Replacement Coverage
If you total your new car, we’ll pay to replace it with one of the same make, model and equipment. And we’ll do it without subtracting anything for depreciation.§§
RecoverCare – Assistance After an Accident
The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford protects more than just your car. If you’re ever hurt in an accident, our RecoverCare§ coverage pays you back for things you can’t do yourself, like:
- House cleaning
- Lawn maintenance
- Snow removal
- Transportation services
- Food preparation
- Dog walking
- If the injury keeps you from driving to work, we can also help you pay for alternate transportation.
Lifetime Car Repair Assurance
After a covered claim, we’ll help you find a trusted repair service so you don’t have to go through the hassle yourself. If you use one of the 1,600+ repair shops in our approved network, we’ll stand behind the quality of the repairs for as long as you own or lease your vehicle.
24/7 Car Insurance Claims Hotlin
Accidents can happen at any time. That’s why you need a car insurance company that can respond immediately – no matter what time you call. We’ve earned a reputation for integrity and trust, and we’re proud to have a record of high customer satisfaction ratings for claims services.
Our 6-point Claim Commitment assures you’ll get prompt and caring service throughout your claims experience. File a claim with us 24/7 by calling 877-805-9918. We’ll walk you through the car insurance claims process for AARP members.
Additional Car Insurance Protection
Depending on your policy, auto insurance coverage options can vary. The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford offers additional coverages to help protect you and your car.
We understand every driver makes mistakes. As long as all the drivers on your car insurance policy have a clean driving record for five straight years, you’ll qualify for accident forgiveness. Once you qualify and have Accident Forgiveness on your policy, we’ll forgive your first car accident without increasing your insurance premium.
Disappearing Deductible for Auto Insurance
We believe in rewarding great drivers. With our optional disappearing deductible, your collision deductible on your car insurance policy will go down over time as long as you keep a clean driving record.
24/7 Roadside Assistance for AARP Members
We’re here when you need us most. If you have a roadside emergency like a flat tire, a dead battery or you lose your keys, we can help. Our roadside assistance and towing service, RESCUE-1-800,® is available to anyone with an AARP membership that has our car insurance. Simply call our roadside assistance and towing phone number, 800-322-7789. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How To Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Auto insurance companies have their own unique ways to calculate car insurance rates, but comparing coverage doesn’t have to be difficult. We make it easy for you to compare car insurance quotes with the AARP® Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1 With us, you can get great rates, rewards and discounts that can help you save money. We’ve been protecting AARP members and their families since 1984.
When you’re doing an insurance quote comparison, you’ll need to look closely at the policy details. That’s why it’s a good idea to compare car insurance quotes to make sure you get the right policy at the right price.
Follow these three steps to help you compare car insurance quotes:
- Gather your information: Insurers require details to put together your auto insurance quote. This can include your age, driving history, driving records, vehicle information and geographic location.
- Select your liability limits and coverage levels: Every driver has unique needs and some states have minimum coverage requirements. Because your policy details impact your cost, it’s important to make sure each quote is for the same type and amount of coverage.
- Collect quotes and compare rates: You can use a car insurance calculator to help estimate your costs and compare your insurance quotes. Remember that price shouldn’t be the only thing you consider. Just because it’s the lowest quote doesn’t mean it’s the right coverage for you.
Compare Auto Insurance Coverages
When you compare auto insurance, it’s important to compare quotes with the same deductible and insurance coverage. Be sure to find out what your state requires for their minimum amount of coverage. Then, decide if you want to add additional types of coverage or higher coverage amounts of the required coverage.
How much car insurance costs will depend on the coverages that you choose, like:
- Property damage liability coverage: Pays for damage that your car causes to property you don’t own, like mailboxes, fences and other vehicles.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Helps pay for medical expenses for people injured in an accident you caused. It also pays for legal fees if you cause an auto accident that injures someone else. Bodily injury liability rates vary but are required by law in most states. This coverage would also cover injuries caused to a pedestrian.
Some other types of coverage include:
- Personal injury protection coverage (PIP): No matter who is at fault in the accident, this coverage, also known as no-fault insurance, can cover medical insurance deductibles for bodily injuries and lost wages for anyone in your car that is hurt.
- Comprehensive coverage: Helps pay for damage to your vehicle from events like natural disasters, theft, vandalism or collision with an animal.
- Collision coverage: Helps pay for damage to your car if you hit another vehicle or an object like a tree or fence.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage and uninsured motorist property damage coverage: These coverages can help you if you’re in an accident with an underinsured, uninsured or hit-and-run driver. Keep in mind that underinsured motorist coverage is separate from uninsured coverage in most states.
Some common factors that car insurance companies look at when calculating insurance prices include your:
- Policy details, such as coverage for collision, deductible amounts and limits. Don’t forget that certain insurance requirements vary by state, which can also impact your rate. Full coverage will cost more than buying just the minimum required, but you’ll have more protection against the unexpected.
- Geographic location because each state has their own requirements about the amount of car insurance coverage you must carry.
- Accident history, which shows how safe you are as a driver. If you have a clean driving record, it can lower your insurance rate. Recent at-fault accidents can have a big impact on your auto insurance rates.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates by State
Requirements for minimum liability car insurance by state can vary depending where you live. For example, our data shows the average car insurance policy costs between $663 and $1,490, depending on the state you’re in. And these costs increase if you add more protection to your policy.2 It’s important to know what your state requires when you make a car insurance comparison.
Learn more about how much car insurance costs per month. The AARP Auto Insurance Program From The Hartford
How Often Should You Comparison Shop Your Auto Insurance Rates?
You may want to review your car insurance policy every 6-12 months to make sure you’re getting the coverage you need. You may also want to reach out to your insurance company to see if there are any additional discounts or benefits you may be eligible for. At The Hartford, we offer many discounts to help you save money and benefits to keep you protected.
What’s the Best Way To Compare Car Insurance Quotes?
When you want to compare car insurance quotes, remember cheaper is not always better. You will want to look closely at the coverage provided in each quote to be sure you’re getting the right coverage for your needs. You may also want to read reviews of each car insurance company before you decide.
How Can I Get a Quote for Car Insurance?
Get a car insurance quote online or by calling our representatives today at 888-413-8970. Just know that your rate depends on your location, so you’ll have to give your zip code to get your quote. We’ll help however we can. In fact, we’ve offered special pricing and benefits to AARP’s nearly 40 million members since 1984. We’re here to get you the best insurance for your needs with the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, helping protect you and your loved ones on the road.
You have options to choose from when it comes to your auto insurance coverage. The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford can help protect you with many types of car insurance coverage. The type of coverage and limits you choose will affect your car insurance premiums.
AARP commercial member benefits are provided by third parties, not by AARP or its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Some provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions.
*Your savings may vary. Rate difference for AARP members and non-member vary by state and AARP membership tenure. †Terms and conditions apply.
Not available in U.S. territories: Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. Accident Forgiveness and Disappearing Deductible are not available to CA policyholders.